Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Grant Park: Best Iconic Transformation

Here's my bit from Best of Newcity, "Best Iconic Transformation." I was one of the lucky ones who got a ticket to one of the Obama rallies in Grant Park.

Saying the pledge of allegiance following Obama's victory (and before his acceptance speech) marked the first time I've uttered the familiar words and actually connected any meaning to them.

Here are some pictures from the happy occasion at Grant Park. From the race riots and violently charged Democratic Convention of 1968, to a peaceful celebration in 2008.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes We Did

I think my enjoyment of that phrase is analogous to your depth of feeling in reciting the Pledge.

I usually can't stand that sort of slogan -- kind of cutesy and pat -- but I'm all for it here.

It was nice meeting you on Friday, btw.

brian.e.harper@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Search This Blog