Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Review of Spiritualized at Metro 9/8/08

Here's my review of Spiritualized on Gapersblock.com/Transmission. What an uplifting experience that concert was, that breathed new life into "vast internal choirs"...

And here's a clip of the band's video for the iconic (and my favorite) song, "Ladies and Gentleman We Are Floating in Space." It's from their 1997 acclaimed album of the same title, and in my opinion, epitimizes the Spiritualized essence (even though it's before they heavily infused gospel into their act): transcendent, lushly ambient with glimmers of space rock, and yes, well, spiritual. Considering how infrequently the band makes a stateside appearance I'm glad I got the chance to see them, both at Pitchfork and at Metro, although of course the latter was more more soul-infusing. Their music has the capability, like soul and gospel, to revive and revitalize.

by Marla Seidell

No comments:

Blog Archive

Search This Blog